Getting a hair transplant, or any medical procedure is a huge decision and it shouldn’t be taken lightly. We know that our clients do a lot of research before they set foot in our clinic because they want to ensure they’ve found the best place to go.
Many of our clients discuss their research process with us during a consultation when we ask why they’ve chosen us. We’ve found that in this past year there has been a rise in the number of clients that have told us they considered getting a hair transplant aboard, but something changed their mind.
At the Harley Street Hair Clinic, we think it is important to spend a lot of time researching the best place to go for a hair transplant, and today we’re going to help you do just that.
Deciding to get a hair transplant is a big decision, and deciding where you should get your hair transplant is an equally big decision. When it comes to finding the right clinic for you our advice is always to do a lot of research on a number of different clinics. Researching different clinics will allow you to compare them and give you an idea of what ones best fit you.
When you begin to research different clinics we think it is important to consider the following;
- Location: Is the clinic in a location that you can easily get to, or are happy to travel to. You should consider the costs of having to visit the clinic for further medical appointments too.
- Qualifications: Some clinics, like us, only use registered doctors for hair transplant procedures. However, other clinics will use trained staff to undergo the hair transplant, we believe it is important to know who will be doing your hair transplant
- The clinic facilities: It’s important to have a look at the clinic and what they offer you. Do they offer a private room for you for your lunch break, do they offer entertainment in the treatment room, small things like this will make you more comfortable during your time at the clinic and should be considered.
- Is the clinic registered with a professional body? In the UK medical facilities such as hair transplant clinics must be registered with a regulated professional body such as the Care Quality Commission (CQC). In other courtiers, there is no professional board and it can become difficult to find out all the information you need.
- Results: Looking at the results in the form of case studies, videos, and before and after photos is important. This will give you an indication as to what your results could look like and how good the results that clinic can achieve are.
- The consultation process: The consultation process is extremely important, during your consultation a medical professional should assess your hair loss, look at your donor hair and discuss what kind of results you can expect from a hair transplant, it will also give you an indication to the clinic, the staff, and the facilities.
- Aftercare: Aftercare includes everything from the moment you leave the clinic, it’s important to ensure you’re not only given clear aftercare instructions but also that you can contact and revisit the clinic at any point if you need any help or have any questions. This is something that can be quite difficult if you’re visiting a clinic abroad.
Medical tourism, which is sometimes known as health tourism is the term given to the process of traveling outside of your country of residence for the purpose of receiving medical care, this also includes cosmetic procedures.
There has been a huge rise in medical tourism over the last few years and many of our clients have expressed that they have considered going abroad for treatment before deciding on the Harley Street Hair Clinic.
Many people consider medical tourism because in most cases the prices appear to be lower than you can find in your home country. However, it’s important to remember costs such as accommodation, travel, costs of returning to the clinic if you’re not happy with your procedure and the cost of contacting the clinic if you need advice during aftercare. These costs can all add up and increase the initial cost shown for the procedure.
It is also important to remember that cost is not the most important factor when it comes to getting a hair transplant. The hair used from the back and side of the scalp, commonly called donor hair is a finite resource and should be dealt with in the best possible way. It is important to go to a clinic that you believe is going to give you the best hair transplant possible first-time round because once you’ve used the bulk of your donor hair it can become quite difficult to fix a hair transplant with the remaining donor hair.
Deciding what hair transplant clinic to go to is a tough decision but the most important thing to remember is to do your research. We think it is a good idea to book a number of consultations at clinics you like the look of, this way you’ll be able to get a feel for each clinic and find the one that you feel most comfortable at.
If you have any questions about the facilities and treatments at the Harley Street Hair Clinic please contact us today for a no obligation consultation.