PRIVACY AND DATA POLICY
HSHC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we request certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy and data policy, and for the purpose it was intended. We will not share your data with third parties unless required to do so for administrative purposes relating to some of the services that HSHC provide. We fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection, as set out in the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
- Information that you provide to us via telephone or this website for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
(2) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send you general commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Supply your details to third parties or partner companies in order to deliver information which you have requested.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
(3) Other disclosures
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(4) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
(5) Policy Amendments
(6) Your Rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00) and the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
(8) Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from HSHC, you can unsubscribe from all communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” button on the bottom of our emails.